Sunday, January 26, 2014

First Julep box!

My first Julep box came on Friday!

Pros: It came really quickly.
Cons: I don't know what's going on.

Everything is super fancy. I got two fancy bottles of fingernail polish and a very fancy bottle of cuticle stuff, and a sample packet of face stuff. One of the fingernail polishes is sparkly silvery, and the other is sparkly blackish. Or is it dark green? It's hard to say. Is that green? Or is it black? Regardless, I never would have picked out either color. At first with the sparkly silvery stuff I was like, ehh, this isn't all that great, but then I put it on my big toe! It's like a golden mirror! Wow! And, the dark color, it's the color of poop after you've taken Pepto-Bismol, is what it is.

Julep is very fancy, and very complicated. They send you an 8-page introductory booklet to help you figure out how it works. You're in a category. During the "reveal" you get to see what items your category will get and you can switch to a different one if you want to. And you can add in additional things. And then your box comes. Apparently I didn't know what was going on when I ordered this. I didn't see any of these colors as options when I made the order. So I guess this is an intro box, and the colors I saw when I ordered are the ones coming in the next regular box, which ships in a couple days. I just missed the whole "intro" aspect, which, I believe, is a sign of old age, not being able to use the internet and coming home from the store with things you didn't mean to buy.

According to Julep, I am a Bombshell. I am a confident frill-seeker with magnetic appeal. I adore bold, glam colors and anything that sparkles. This is good information to have. Now when I meet people and they ask me to tell them about myself, I can say, "I am a confident frill-seeker with magnetic appeal. I adore bold, glam colors and anything that sparkles." Then I will show them my fingernails, and they will understand. Or, in cover letters (I'm looking for a new job), I can write, "I am a confident frill-seeker with magnetic appeal. I adore bold, glam colors and anything that sparkles." I believe this information will open up untold professional opportunities.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was fast! So you're continuing the subscription? I can't wait for more stuff to come in the mail. I wonder if our Blush boxes will come at the same time? My bathroom is turning into a spa.

    ReplyDelete